Saturday, August 20, 2011

From Fleece to Wool I Hope!!

So now to spin.  A friend has Dorset sheep with lovely coats.  She asked if I'd like the wool and since I had the time (who I'm I kidding) thought it would be a fun thing to do.  Wash, comb, card and spin some wool... Well at least some of the washing is complete... the wonder of the Internet, enabling me to watch a video teaching me how to cleanse the fleece while I was washing it.  Mind you I have done this before on a teeny tiny scale.  When in college my Primitive Weaving course began with the professor handing each of us a handful of unwashed fleece..from which we were expected to create a finished product, all using primitive tools.. even had to make our own spindles and loom.  Loved the project back then, but I can see that this is going to be a lot to do...why now that I look at this beautiful white wool  ...I'm realizing I'm going to have a TON of yarn!!!

No comments: