Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Challenge Accepted-Double Knitting


It seems as if it took me 3 years to finally feel comfortable with Brioche knitting.   I took numerous classes both live and online (mybluprint.com) from the most knowledgable people in the field.  I repeated the classes, created multiple practice projects and read every book Nancy Marchant wrote.  Brioched in single color, two color, flat and in the round.  It finally sunk in....the most difficult thing in knitting for me....ever.   I must admit that I'm not at 100% and probably never will be, but I challenged myself and feel great about the result.



This year the challenge is Double Knitting...I've taken a few classes, but never created a project.  This year in February I'll be traveling on a Craft Cruise to Australia and New Zealand with Lucy Neatby as our instructor.    Although there is no double knitting class aboard ship, I know the motivation to learn more about double knit will be there.

No comments: