Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Vogue San Fransisco 2018 - The Classes-Double Knitting

In Sept 2018, Vogue Knitting Live was in San Francisco for the first time.   I knew I had to be there.  I live only 55 minutes away and there is no way I'd pass this up.  A few of the local knitting girls were going to be there, either spending the weekend or coming down for the day...so much fun.  We met for lunch or dinner, went to a few mini presentations and roamed the market place.

The Last Class-Double Knitting- creating a fabric that is double sided with the knit stitch on the outside and any image, pattern design fair isle, is reversible.  

It's always so hard to choose a class out all the wonderful offering at Vogue Knitting Live.  Although this was the last class I took, this is the class I want to share first.   Usually after a full weekend of classes, shopping and knitting, that last class can be a blur.   Well not so with this class, Double knitting with Nathan Taylor or better known as the Sockamatician.  Outstanding class, a truly enlightening and entertaining class.   An entertainer, no really he's a British Actor, in the theater.   Lively, eloquent and great attention to deal in his instructions both written and spoken.   This was a great class and I can't wait to begin some of his original double-knit designs.   His first book (my hope is that there are more to come)  Guy's Knit was released at the end of 2018. I knit a hat and my son -in-law, is currently knitting a cap.  Nathan is on Youtube also.

Check out the Sockamatician on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/sockmatician/

 https://www.ravelry.com/designers/nathan-taylor




No comments: