Sunday, September 12, 2010

OTN & super garage sale find!!

I love to go to garage sales!!!  It my only addiction (not counting yarn, needles and books-- well I have to go somewhere to find this stuff!!) and I found this basket at a sale a couple of weeks ago.  Isn't it lovely!! 

Mini Mochi yarn (pattern online www.straw.com)
Last month was  the anniversary of  Elizabeth Zimmerman's birthday and and a local yarn shop had a celebration.   A group of women from the International Knitting Studio met at Village Knitters in Santa Rosa and  it was a great night.  

Lots of demonstrations, beautiful yarns and I saw this hat.   A few of the ladies have been asking to learn fair isle knitting and this is a wonderful  introduction to learning the technique-- The trick in this design is that the yarn is variegated and the color changes happen as you knit.




No comments: