Friday, January 17, 2014

Keeping Warm


Coolness in Sonoma.   It's hard to understand unless you've been here, have seen it or felt it, but contrary to popular opinion California weather can be cold!!!  Now I grew up and spent the majority of my life on the East Coast, even 4 years in the depths of winter in Syracuse NY, and there have been days in Sonoma when I felt more cold and chilled then in New York.  Hard to figure,  I attribute it to the insulation in the homes…perhaps less  or maybe it's the fog that rolls in.  Do you know that it's very common to see people in Down Jackets in downtown San Francisco in the middle of Summer!!!!  My solution to the problem was to make a cowl wrap that covers my shoulders.    This is one version.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Knits said...

So I created this post a few weeks ago..and wouldn't you know it the weather in Sonoma has been spectacular..now I'm not saying it isn't chilly in the am ( 34 degrees this a.m.)

Elizabeth Knits said...

So cool

Anonymous said...

It's a pity you don't have a donate button!
I'd certainly donate to this fantastic blog! I guess
for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed
to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will share this site with my Facebook
group. Chat soon!

Feel free to visit my homepage - we r movers South Carolina