Thursday, September 15, 2016

Knitting on the Douro River Portugal

2015 & 2016 were eventful years for me.   After my surgery I was more determined to travel and spend time enjoying life and the wonder around us.   Fortunately I had the opportunity to take a river cruise on the Douro River in Portugal.   We staying in Lisbon for 3 days, and as is my practice I visited a yarn shop and found a variegated merino yarn.   So as the ship cast off, I cast on a top down shawl.    The voyage was amazing, mountains, vineyards and so much history.  


 Slowly working on this piece.




Massive vineyards



Knitting and travel break

Tiny mountain top fortress of Rodrigo

getting further along on my shawl.   

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Hi, Elizabeth,

So glad to find your blog! I divide my time between Australia and Glen Ellen, with about 4 trips a year back and forth between the two. I'm hoping to find a knitting group when we are next in Glen Ellen...are there any in Sonoma? Hope to meet you in person when we are there next in October!

All the best,

Dianne King

Elizabeth Knits said...

Looking forward to meeting you. Hope you received my email..if not contact me via email. Bettycalabro@yahoo.com