Saturday, July 16, 2011

Knit One, Knit All Fall cardigan

As I said I will be working on two projects at a time for this sojourn through this wonderful book.   My Vogue capelet is finished (just featured on a Yarnmarket email,  as soon as it is blocked a bit I will post the photos.), now it's time to begin another large garment.

I had planned on knitting a cardigan with this yarn anyway.  The main portion will be knit in Knit Picks City Tweed DK.  This blend of merino wool, supefine alpaca and donegal tweed, feels wonderful in my hands.   What I really like about this particular design is that I will be able to do some minor shaping so that this cardigan will not have a boxy look and the button holes are so cool,  Icord again. The other consideration is the contrasting panel..I may consider a knitted pattern of some type instead of a color change for this portion of the sweater... Just have to wait and see.  Above you can see what I have knit so far.    Now to choose my second project .. maybe one of the glove patterns.....

No comments: