Sunday, January 07, 2018

The Quilted Princess


Swing Jacket
Royal Jacket






Last year I designed a swing jacket for girls and based on that design, I wrote a pattern for a boy's jacket.  

I wanted to knit cardigans for a few little girls I know.    As I began to knit the swing jacket, ideas began to flow.   Still using the wide lapel and front band,  I found a quilted knit stitch pattern and added a band..  it works perfectly.  All that was needed was to add a bit of flare.  By increasing stitches below the quilt panel, I created a gathered look.

What do you think?


Now,  I know this may look complicated, but it really is not.
Knit top down and with basic stitches;
knit, purl, make one, knit into front and back (k f/b) and slip stitches and following my motto of seamlessly simple, this design is a winner.  An added feature is making the cuff and bottom edging in a contrasting color.

I'm starting another cardigan in the next few days, so I'll post step by step tips soon.

The pattern comes in sizes 6 months - 6 years and available on Ravelry and Love Knitting.

You don't have to be a Ravelry member to shop.
Buy Quilted Princess Pattern
And since this is really the best time to start your gift crafting for the year for every pattern you order from by Ravelry Shop you get one for free

Knitting the body.
Gathering is done by increasing.  Knit into the front and back of the stitch.  


Picking up stitches for the underarm of the sleeve. 

No comments: