Sunday, September 21, 2008

Northfork


Hi, Spent the weekend with the Divas. ( my high school friends) It was wonderful seeing everyone in beautiful Northfork NY by the bay. The fortunate thing was that the night before I left for the overnight in Long Island I attended my brothers 55th high school reunion. It was wonderful to see how happy everyone was in seeing old friends and just having the time to talk. Appreciating the opportunity to reconnect was very important, and I realized that our next reunion must be planned soon. I imagine us 20 years from now, still gathering together to share stories and miss those who could not attend.

Knitting has definitely been on the back burner for the week, but look at this wonderful pattern found during the summer at a garage sale. The gentleman I purchased this from had a wealth of information about knitting resources in addition to the many vintage pattern books he sold me. What a find!!!!! The following week I found nylon yarn to make the bag. This is definitely a book that will get lots of use. I have had 2 requests so far. Well somewhere between packing , and moving I will begin this project Yet the scarf must be finished before I begin this bag. My new rule "Finish a project before you begin a new one" and yes I will tell you about my friends Rules but that will have to be another day.

No comments: